Affordable Family Fun!!!
Volunteers have worked hard to get the pool open this year, and we are pleased to be able to open for the 2021 season. If you have driven by recently, you will see the fruits of our labor – a beautiful, sparkling swimming pool. If you haven’t seen it yet, be sure to check out how inviting the pool looks, ready for the hot summer days of family fun!
A tremendous amount of time and work is necessary to open the pool and maintain the property year-round. Our organization receives no funds from any HOA or community organization and is completely funded by membership fees and rental of the clubhouse. The Board is comprised of volunteers who receive no compensation or profits. Our rates have remained the same as the last several years, but with an addition of a maintenance fee. This fee must be paid up front, but will be refunded once volunteer hours are completed. If maintenance hours are not completed, your maintenance fee will be forfeited and will go into future maintenance and repairs needed.
We have had to complete several repairs this year and have a target opening date of June 19th, but will open sooner if we finish sooner. As stated, we are volunteers who have worked very hard to get everything ready for the season. Thank you for your understanding and your patience.
- $350 Standard Family Membership for 3 or more people, plus $50 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours
- $330 Military Active Duty, Retired, Reserve, First Responders, Law Enforcement, families of 3 or more, plus $50 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours
- $300 for 2 person household (seniors, couple or parent and child), plus $50 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours
- $330 Senior Citizen Family Membership (3 or more people in household), age 60 and up, plus $25 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours.
- $300 Senior Citizen Couple membership (only 2 people in household) age 60 and up, plus $25 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours.
- $200 for Single person rate (regardless of age), plus $25 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours
(These must be purchased at the gate, and are in addition to annual membership dues)
$50 – Add a child (for sitters, grandparents, caretakers, or host families who bring kids who do not reside with them) child must be with host family member to enter. Child is not eligible for swim team. Child’s parent/guardian must complete waivers and provide contact info. Host family assumes responsibility for child. This is “per named child” and is not a “plus 1.”
$50 – Add a sitter (For families who utilize nannies or daytime sitters or caretakers who do not reside with them full-time) Sitter must meet age criteria for supervision of children. Sitter must be with host children to enter. Sitter is not eligible for swim team or “member discounts” on clubhouse, pool, or facility rentals.
Anything below the standard family membership is considered a “discount” and cannot be combined. Choose the best option for your family.
Memberships can be purchased online or in person.
You may download and complete a hard copy of our membership form, and mail with a check to our mailing address:
Beechwood Recreation Association
P.O. Box 2096
Newport News, VA 23609
While we prefer payment by cash or check (due to credit card processing fees), you may pay online by selecting the correct membership below for your household, which will take you to our online payment page. You may also pay by cash or check at the gate when you come to the pool for the first time.
Complete and mail in the hard copy of the membership form, or fill in our online form.
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited use of the Pool and facilities during normal hours
- Swim team for the kids (Extra dues apply)
- Fun events for the Whole Family
- Reduced rental rates for the Clubhouse
- Reduced rental rates for Pool Parties
Running the pool well depends on having plenty of volunteers, and helps to keep our costs low. We need YOU!
The pool needs ongoing repairs and the income from memberships is not enough to cover the costs. If you would like to help out by donating to our maintenance fund, it would greatly be appreciated.
Please note: Donations are NOT tax deductible.