Affordable Family Fun!!!
The daffodils are ready to bloom and that means that summer is right around the corner! The Clubhouse has had a great off-season with an increase in rentals and we are looking forward to a great summer at Beechwood Pool! The first board meeting of 2020 has concluded and we have established new rates for the upcoming season with consideration of our operating costs. A tremendous amount of time and work is necessary to open the pool and maintain the property year-round. Our organization receives no funds from any HOA or community organization and is completely funded by membership fees and rental of the clubhouse. The Board is comprised of volunteers and receive no compensation or profits. Our rates have remained the same as the last several years, but with an addition of a maintenance fee. This fee may be waived in exchange for approved volunteer hours as indicated.
2020 Membership for 2019 prices!
- $350 Standard Family Membership, plus $25 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours
- $330 Military Active Duty, Retired, Reserve, First Responders, Law Enforcement, plus $25 maintenance fee or 10 volunteer hours
- $300 for 2 person household (couple or parent and child), plus $10 maintenance fee or 5 volunteer hours
- $200 for Single person rate, plus $10 maintenance fee or 5 volunteer hours
- $320 Senior Citizen Family Membership, age 60 and up (No additional maintenance fee, or volunteer hours required, but they are certainly welcomed)
- $320 Grandparents with grandkids, no other family members included (No additional maintenance fee, or volunteer hours required, but they are certainly welcomed)
(These must be purchased at the gate, and are in addition to annual membership dues)
$50 – Add a child (for sitters, caretakers, or host families who bring kids who do not reside with them) child must be with host family member to enter. Child is not eligible for swim team. Child’s parent/guardian must complete waivers and provide contact info. Host family assumes responsibility for child. This is “per named child” and is not a “plus 1.”
$50 – Add a sitter (For families who utilize nannies or daytime sitters or caretakers who do not reside with them full-time) Sitter must meet age criteria for supervision of children. Sitter must be with host children to enter. Sitter is not eligible for swim team or “member discounts” on clubhouse, pool, or facility rentals.
Anything below the standard family membership is considered a “discount” and cannot be combined.
Memberships can be purchased online or in person by credit card. There is a $10.00 convenience fee charge for online or credit card purchases, which has already been factored into prices listed on the purchase page. Alternatively, to avoid the convenience fee, you may send a check for your membership to:
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited use of the Pool and facilities during normal hours
- Swim team for the kids (Extra dues apply)
- Fun events for the Whole Family
- Reduced rental rates for the Clubhouse
- Reduced rental rates for Pool Parties
Running the pool well depends on having plenty of volunteers, and helps to keep our costs low. Please help! We need you! Plus, you’ll receive free guest passes or snack bar credit for your volunteer hours.
Download the application and mail it along with a check for your membership dues, or pay online.
Mail your completed application with payment to:
Beechwood Recreation Association
PO Box 2096
Newport News, VA 23609
Alternatively, you may pay online by clicking the button below.
Note, if you pay online, you still need to fill out the application form above and either mail it in or bring it with you to the pool.
For further information, contact the membership coordinator